As the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak has been and will continue to be a major concern for everyone, we continue to monitor the situation in our neighboring cities of Zihuatanejo and Lazaro Cardenos.
When we reopen, further sanitation measures will be implemented to ensure a safe and clean environment for guests and staff while equally providing an experience full of relaxation and memories that will be cherished for years to come. We are observing the World Health Organization guidelines and executing national and state level protocols. Our staff has completed the Guerrero Punto Limpió and is now certified by the IMSS.
Casa de la Costa will do everything we can to ensure that our guests have a safe and pleasant stay. The safety of our guests and staff is a top priority. The following has been implemented at Casa de la Costa:
COVID-19 Precautions, Procedures, and Policies
- All staff members will wear single use disposable gloves and a mask and/or face shield.
- There will be hand sanitizer available throughout the property.
- We have replaced the traditional welcome greeting of a handshake with a nod of the head as our acknowledgement and welcome.
- We have implemented no-touch check-in.
- Guests will be subject to a temperature check upon arrival and every morning during their stay.
- We will not be accepting cash for payment at the casa.
- We have removed all magazines/books/games from the media cabinet where it is not possible to properly disinfect after contact by any individual (guest or employee).
- We are performing daily sanitization of all common areas.
- When a guest checks out of their room, they will leave their key in the keyhole of the rear entrance door. These room keys will be properly sanitized prior to use by another guest.
- The shared bathroom in the main building will remain open. It will be cleaned and sanitized twice a day.
- The outdoor kitchen area will be closed.
- All staff that handles food will use single use gloves on their hands without exception in addition to the required hand washing required by the local Health Department.
- A breakfast tray will be set outside your suite by 9am.
- Each guest is required to consume their food in their suite. No food will be consumed in the common area.
- All suites & common areas will be deep cleaned and sanitized before we reopen the casa.
- All guest rooms will sit vacant for up to 12 hours after check-out before being cleaned and sanitized.
- Each suite will sit vacant for 24 hours in between guests to allow for our new sanitization measures.
- After each room has been occupied, a UV light is being placed in the room for a minimum of 45 minutes.
- After the UV light has been placed in the room, we are utilizing a hospital grade disinfectant sprayed on all surfaces in the guest room – this is allowed to dry and not be wiped off (creating a 2ndlayer of protection)
- We will be collecting trash throughout the day. Please place any trash outside of your room in the trash bag provided.
- Our staff is supplied with gloves, mask and face shield.
- They are taking extra care in each room and common area to sanitize any and all touch points, leaving nothing unaddressed. We are using hospital grade sanitization chemicals.
- Our staff have single use gloves that they will be utilizing when they are cleaning your room prior to your arrival. A fresh set of gloves will be used for each guest suite/room.
- As always, we are laundering all towels, sheets, blankets, and mattress pads before each guest checks into their room/suite.
- All paper products are being replaced in the room, so that each guest receives new items before their arrival.
- All touch surfaces in the rooms including the upholstery items in the room are being sanitized prior to your arrival
- Our standard daily housekeeping is being suspended. This is for the safety of our guests and staff. If you need clean towels or amenities, please contact a member of our staff.